About ISM Africa
ISM Africa is a group of companies, with interests in manufacturing, renewable energy, trading, food security, and project services. We have relationships with a number of reputable brands that serve the industrial, mining, hospitality, NGO, and government markets. These partnerships ensure that our products and services are high quality, proven, reliable, and supported. ISM Africa supplies turnkey solutions to disaster response and remote operations. This includes prefabricated camps and purpose-built buildings to inflatable hospitals with total infrastructure support, COVID protection, and medical supplies for application by Governments, NGOs mining, and corporate development. We also offer crisis management and Search & Rescue.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 5 years
- Location: Nairobi
- Job Field: Engineering / Technical
- Deadline: Dec 31, 2021
To be successful as an Architectural Designer, you should have excellent technical skills and be proficient in computer-aided design (CAD) software. You should possess excellent communication and customer service skills, and should have the creativity to shape innovative, unique designs.
Architectural Designer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to discuss the design requirements for new constructions, alterations, or repairs.
- Gathering the necessary measurements, dimensions, and other routine calculations for design layouts.
- Providing clients with suitable design recommendations based on factors such as budget, the building site, and recent trends.
- Using CAD software and manual drawing techniques to produce architectural plans for management and client approval.
- Reworking and modifying designs based on comments and reviews from management and clients.
- Providing management with estimates on cost, time, machinery, construction, and other specifications.
- Interacting with other Architects and Designers to exchange ideas and provide support.
- Ensuring all vital information and documentation is recorded and maintained.
- Conducting research and attending workshops and conferences to remain up to date with the latest design trends.
- Ensuring that all layouts and blueprints are compliant with industry codes and legal standards.
Architectural Designer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture.
- A portfolio of completed designs.
- Excellent technical skills, particularly with CAD software.
- Strong creative design and time management skills.
- Good customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- 5+ years of experience
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents, and Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.