- 1 How to open a PayPal account in Kenya
- 2 Equity bank PayPal registration
- 3 PayPal to M-Pesa integration in Kenya
In this article, you will figure out how to make a PayPal account in Kenya by means of the PayPal Website.
PayPal has carried straightforwardness and security to the universe of web-based shopping and enables you to send cash on the web. Nowadays PayPal is an all-inclusive strategy utilized for online installments and, luckily, it is never again important to have a charge card to work a PayPal account.
It is the most effortless and most secure approach to make exchanges since it permits installments without uncovering your PayPal business charge MasterCard subtleties to the merchant.
In a nation where there is an expansion in the number of individuals working internet, having a PayPal account is a need with regards to getting an installment on the web.
I caused this instructional exercise to assist you with getting you began in making a PayPal account in Kenya immediately. You will likewise have the option to check your PayPal Balance and get cash from anybody.
How to open a PayPal account in Kenya
To Open a PayPal Account in Kenya, follow these steps:
- Visit PayPal.com on computer
- Choose the Type of Account (Personal or Business)
- Enter your personal information
- Activate the account via Email
- Link your debit card or credit card
- Use PayPal to send and receive the money within Kenya or anywhere around the world.
It is easy to open a PayPal account, now let’s explore the above steps in detail.
What can you do with PayPal in Kenya?
With a PayPal account in Kenya, you can do many things online more comfortable than before, like:
- Shop Online
- Sell Online
- Get paid online through Freelancing websites or from someone else or a business.
- Receive money online
How to Make a PayPal Account in Kenya
PayPal’s mode of operation is straightforward. The money is transferred to your PayPal account, previously created through your credit card or standard bank account or via Mpesa.
You use the PayPal account (Usually your email account) instead of the credit card to make online purchases, payments that you want or receive money online.
A significant advantage of PayPal is that when you send or receive payment through PayPal, no sensitive financial information such as your credit card or bank account is visible to the public.
For all this, there is cause for concern when the situation involves making payments to people whom you do not know.
The following is the process of how to create a PayPal account and begin sending and receiving money online in Kenya. The process is the same for everyone around the world, so if you are not from Kenya, don’t stop here.
Step 1: Signing up for PayPal Account
First, you must go to the PayPal site ( www.paypal.com ). When you get to the platform, it will automatically redirect to https://www.paypal.com/ke/home because they have a Geolocation feature that will automatically detect your location.
This is because they have different policies and terms and conditions for different regions and countries, but that should not matter in any way. Registration is free, and you have nothing to lose!
Registration is free. However, you will need to have an email account that you can access and a very nice strong password. Just click the signup, and you will see the following screen.
As you can see, the country is pre-selected for you and the language defaults to English, and you may wish to change these according to your language. Then you have a choice between an Individual account and a business account.
I will always recommend that you opt for the individual account at this time. There is still room for upgrading to a business account later on. Here is a brief overview of the two types of accounts.
Here is a brief overview of the two types of accounts:
A personal account is intended for all who buy online, receive money or withdraw money from your card on an occasional basis. It is the most suitable for primary use.
A business account is useful to businesses, company or groups. You will use your business or company name, and there are more advanced features such as the creation of invoices and more customer details that I will not go into at this level.
Now that you have chosen the type of account you want to use, fill out the form with your details. Do not use false data; this can have serious implications, such as failure to verify your account and the overall closure of your account.
Then, just read the user agreement (recommended), click agree and create the account. If you follow this process correctly, then you will have completed the first part of the creation of the PayPal account.
Personal Account Signup
You fill in your personal details as follows: First name, last name, nationality, national id, date of birth, city, province/county/region
Step 2: PayPal Kenya Account Activation
The next screen will be to link your credit card, as shown in the screenshot below. If you have your credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Nakumatt Card or Naivas Card), you can link from here.
Otherwise, if you don’t have the card now, you can close that window safely and follow the next steps.
After you have completed the initial process, you must activate the account you created. To do this, go to the email inbox.
PayPal will send an activation email to the email address you provided during registration with a link. Check for an email with the subject: “Welcome to PayPal.”
By clicking the Activate button in the PayPal e-mail, you received. You will be directed to your account, where you must enter the password created upon registration.
After entering and confirming the password successfully, you must choose two security questions, write their answer and indicate the nationality, and you should already be correct.
Finally, after all, these steps, you will see a page with a yellow rectangle that says, “You have changed your questions and successful security responses”, activate your PayPal account successfully.
Step 3: Linking your Card With PayPal
By linking your credit or debit card, you are charged a small fee. The amount is refunded to your account after your card has been checked.
You can use any card from your bank, but first, it is recommended to inquire from the bank to know the process.
Equity bank PayPal registration
Are you looking for an updated Equity Paypal Withdrawal Guide? Today, I’m going to show you how to activate and link your PayPal account with Equity Bank for first-time use. I will also show you how to withdraw money from PayPal to Equity Bank, which is the recommended process since it is fast and secure.
The Equity Bank Withdraw Service with PayPal allows any PayPal account holder in Kenya to withdraw funds from your PayPal account to your Equity Bank account. This Withdrawal service is only exclusive to Equity Bank customers.
The Withdraw service is available to both Individual and Business customers with an active transaction Equity Bank account. A transaction account is most Equity Bank active accounts in Ksh, GBP, USD, or EUR excluding credit cards.
Note: PayPal transactions are mostly carried out in U.S. Dollars. Even if your account contains funds in a different currency, PayPal will auto-convert those funds into U.S. Dollars during the withdrawal process. So next time you are making a withdrawal of funds from your PayPal account, kindly remember to specify the U.S. Dollar amount you want to withdraw.
Equity Bank has a USD 10,000 transaction limit, and the Kenyan Shilling is not a PayPal supported the currency.
Linking PayPal Account to Equity Bank Account
To connect your PayPal account to Equity,
- Visit the Equity Bank Website and select PayPal
- If you do not have a PayPal account, click on “sign up for PayPal account” menu button and proceed to fill out the form provided otherwise select the “Withdraw from PayPal.”
- On the new tab, log in to the self-service portal using your username and password. If you are new, click register and complete the registration process, which is a one-time process.
- Once logged in to your account click on the “Banking services” Menu
- Enter your preferred bank account and click “Link Account.”
- A One Time Pin (OTP) will be generated which will be sent to the phone number maintained by Equity Bank for the nominated account
- Enter the OTP and click “Confirm OTP.”
- From the menu list, click “PayPal Services.”
- Enter your PayPal email address, select the bank account added in step above and click “Link Account.”
- Enter your PayPal Account Password and click “Authorize” on the PayPal pop up window.
Withdrawing from PayPal to Equity Bank Account
Equity Bank will then have to check and verify your details during the withdrawal process, before redirecting you to your PayPal account to confirm the withdrawal process.
- Visit the Equity Bank Self Service web portal
- If you’re a new user, click on the ” New User/Register’ button and proceed to fill out the form displayed
- Log in to your account and click “Withdraw Service” on the PayPal Services Menu
- Select the PayPal account linked as shown above
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw, which should be less than or equal to your PayPal Account Balance.
- Click on the “Accept” button
- A pop up will display the message “Your PayPal withdrawal of amount XX was successful”.
A withdrawal from PayPal to Equity Bank account takes three business days to reflect in your Equity Bank account while payment from another PayPal user to your PayPal account is instant.
You can check your PayPal account balance by clicking on “My PayPal Balance” on the PayPal Services Menu and then select your linked PayPal account followed by clicking on the “Submit Request” button to display your PayPal account balance.
- The PayPal account set up is free of charge.
- PayPal charges between 2.4% and 3.9% + $0.30 per transaction i.e when receiving funds into your PayPal account.
- PayPal currency conversion fees may apply at 2.5% above the prevailing exchange rate.
Advantages of the PayPal to Equity Withdraw Service
- Equity Bank has a fixed commission rate of 1.5% for whatever amount of money you are withdrawing.
- It takes three business days for your withdrawal from the PayPal account to reflect in your Equity Bank account.
- Equity Bank’s PayPal-Dollar to Ksh conversion rate is way much better than other platforms offering PayPal withdrawals.
PayPal to M-Pesa integration in Kenya
Since Safaricom brokered the deal with PayPal to facilitate sending and withdrawing money across the platforms, the news was received with mixed reactions by people who rely on PayPal to receive salaries or those that use PayPal to purchase good s online. As such, the big elephant in the room has been how to withdraw and deposit money from PayPal to M-Pesa in Kenya.
Lately, people have adapted the trend since the withdrawal process is straightforward and fast. It takes a maximum of 2 hours for the money to be processed on a typical day. This cannot be compared to the three days that one had to wait previously with the PayPal-Equity withdrawal.
One thing I would like to clarify is that if the name you used to register does not match the one you used to register your M-Pesa line, you can always change your PayPal name until it matches your M-Pesa name. I hope that is clearer now.
Onto the main topic of the day, withdrawal and depositing money from PayPal is not as straightforward as many people would expect or wish it to be. But not to worry, we are here for the same reason, to make it seem easy for you.
Withdrawing from PayPal to Mpesa
- This is where it all starts; open the PayPal-M-Pesa portal here
- Tap on the GET STARTED button that will redirect you to log in
- Log In with your PayPal credentials
- Give the service access to your PayPal account by clicking on AGREE on the popup menu
- Add your M-Pesa phone number, and you will receive a verification code that you will use to LINK YOUR ACCOUNT
- Enter the amount you would like to withdraw from your PayPal account in USD.
- You will be redirected to a page showing the amount to be received in KES, the exchange rate used for the currency conversion, and the estimated transaction processing time.
- Confirm and complete the withdrawal of money.
- You will have to access this portal every time you want to withdraw money from your PayPal account, and there’s no other way.
Depositing to PayPal from Mpesa
- The service allows one to deposit into their PayPal wallet, and the process is as follows:
- Open M-Pesa on your phone
- Go to PayBill and enter PayBill number 800088
- Enter the phone number you linked your PayBill account to as the account number
- Enter Amount and complete the transaction
- More details on Mpesa to PayPal
Important to note
- The service is not free
- You will be charged specific fees such as a 3% conversion rate when withdrawing
- You will be charged a 4% conversion rate when depositing
- M-Pesa PayBill charges that can go up to Kes.220 still apply
- Transaction limits – Ksh. Seventy thousand per transaction and Ksh. 140,000 per day.
- Withdrawal amount – M-Pesa accounts can only hold Ksh. One hundred thousand at any one time to be aware of that when downloading.