About Airtel Money
Airtel Money is a mobile money transfer service run Airtel in Kenya and many other African countries. Airtel is the second-largest mobile phone company in Kenya. It has a total client base of 6 million and growing. This growing number presents a good business proposition in being their Airtel money agent.
Running an Airtel money agent in your business will earn you extra income. Not only will it help you earn extra income in terms of commissions but it will also increase traffic to your shop, traffic that can be converted to clients.
If you have been entertaining the thought of being an Airtel money agent then this is the time to do so. Here is the procedure of how to become an Airtel Money Agent.
For agents, you are required to present the following documents
KRA Pin certificate
Copy of ID
Business registration certificate
Float of Kes5,000-10,000
Requirements to be an Airtel Money agent
Requirements to be an Airtel money dealer
• Duly filled airtel money Dealer application form
• Certified copy of Certificate of Registration of a Limited Company
• Certified Copy of Identification of the Directors of the Company
• Certified copy of PIN Certificate of the Company
• At least 3 own outlets in separate locations
• Capital requirement of Ksh 50,000 for each outlet
(Total – Ksh 150,000)
• Passport photo of the Directors of the Company
• A P4 Computer with an internet connection
• Valid E-mail address
Requirements for being an Airtel Money agent
• Duly filled airtel money Agent Applications form
• Certified copy of Business registration certificate
• Certified copy of PIN Certificate
• Copy of identification of the business owner(s)
• One outlet location but no more than 3 outlets
• Passport photo of the business owner(s)
• Capital Requirement of Ksh 30,000 for each outlet
If you have these documents ready you have a number of ways to initiate the registration process.
ALSO, READ: How to Apply for Land Title Deed in Kenya
How to register
- Present the required documents to your nearest Airtel center or to your Airtel representative, or send in scanned copies of the documents.
- If you can’t to reach Airtel in person, send in an email to the address email@example.com with details of your location or
- Call Airtel on 111 and mention your location to the agents
- A representative will visit you and take you through the next steps
- Once approved, you will be issued with your trading SIM card and be trained by an Airtel Money representative.
- You will also be issued with the mandatory Airtel money point of sale materials and user guides