When making plans to travel some things don’t comply and are beyond control that requires you to cancel flights. Canceling a flight can be both costly and complex. If you booked a flight with Air Canada and have to cancel it, you’ve come to the right place! Here’s everything you need to know to navigate their cancellation process and make it easier for you.
Air Canada was known as Trans-Canada Air Lines for nearly 28 years before adopting its official title on January 1, 1965. The headquarters of Air Canada is located in Montreal. Initially flying a scheduled route between Vancouver, British Columbia, and Seattle, Washington, the airline expanded its services through its own routes and through connectors to reach more than 90 communities across the United States and Canada, as well as regions in Bermuda, the United Kingdom, the Caribbean, continental Europe, Australia, Asia, and South America by the early twenty-first century.
Today, Air Canada is the biggest domestic and international airline in Canada, serving over 210 airports on six continents. Canada’s flag carrier is one of the world’s top 20 airlines, serving more than 50 million passengers each year. Air Canada is controlled by an eleven-member board committed to upholding high corporate governance standards in terms of the Corporation’s operations.
What you Should Know About Cancellation & Refund policy
Air Canada is a major Canadian carrier airline that operates a wide range of domestic and international flights. If you intend to cancel your Air Canada flight, it is recommended that you first learn about the airline’s cancellation policy. Travelers can cancel a flight booked on Air Canada in under 24 hours of purchase, according to the airline’s 24-hour cancellation policy. If your booking was made a week or more before the scheduled departure of your flight, Air Canada will provide a full refund. Air Canada reserves the right to change the 24-hour cancellation at any time. If travelers cancel an Air Canada flight a couple of hours before departure and the flight was scheduled no more than a week before, the airline will request that the passengers pay a penalty based on the ticket price rule of the airline.
Passengers can also make a refund request online by filling out the refund request form on Air Canada’s official website. Only eligible airline tickets that are canceled within the active period are eligible for a refund. Air Canada does not provide refunds after the ticket’s expiry date. The refund request may take some time to process, but it will be given in under 7 to 10 working days. If Air Canada trips are canceled due to unavoidable reasons on Air Canada’s end, the passengers are compensated to book the very next Air Canada flight. If a ticket cancellation request is made after the 24-hour risk-free cancellation period, a cancellation charge of $100 to $500 is applied. If you cancel your Air Canada flight within 24 hours of its scheduled departure, you will be charged a cancellation fee ranging from $100 to $400.
To Cancel your Flight via Website Follow These Steps
- Visit Air Canada’s homepage through the link here. Click the ‘Log In’ or ‘Sign In’ button. Enter your Air Canada login information.
- You can omit the logging in procedure if you don’t have an Air Canada account. Go to the Air Canada Cancellations page. Enter relevant details such as full name and confirmation number. Now press the ‘Continue’ button. According to Air Canada’s terms and conditions, you must enter the exact name of the person who booked the flight.
- Select the ‘Flight, Hotel, Car’ tab at the top of the screen. It will take you to a variety of options and links. Select ‘Manage Air Canada Reservations.’
- Three boxes will appear on your desktop, requesting first name, last name and confirmation number. Then click the ‘Continue’ button.
- The ‘Cancel My Reservation’ option can be found at the bottom of the Air Canada’s Cancellation page. To cancel your Air Canada ticket reservation, click the ‘Yes, Cancel’ button.
To Cancel your flight via Phone Follow These Steps
- Call Air Canada’s Reservations Department at +00 800 669 92222 or 1-888-247-2262.
- Contact Air Canada by phone if you have a specific query or question about your flight ticket reservation’s fare, refunds, or Air Canada online air ticket cancellation.
- Inform the airline executive that you wish to cancel your Air Canada reservations. Examine your airline ticket refund options.
To Cancel your Flight at Airport Counter Follow These steps
- You must travel to the airport where you have chosen to board your flight.
- Head to Air Canada ATO (Airport Ticket Office).
- You can speak with an Air Canada executive in person and request that your flight tickets be canceled.
- The refund will be credited to the same debit or credit card used to make the payment.