Tinder is a renowned geosocial networking and online dating services app. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, California, United States. Tinder employs a “double opt-in” system in which both users must match before exchanging messages. Tinder was founded in 2012 by Sean Rad. Tinder was registering approximately one billion daily “swipes” by 2014, and users logged into the app at an average of 11 times per day. Tinder was the fifth highest-grossing mobile app in 2015, and it surpassed Netflix in annual spending in the year 2019. Users can “swipe left” to dislike and “swipe right” to like other existing profiles, which include a picture, a brief bio, and information like hobbies and lifestyle. Their key features include swiping for likes and dislikes, messaging to get in touch, integration of Instagram accounts to view their potential date’s feed, “Face to Face” for video chats, panic button in case users feel unsafe with their date and “common connection” feature to see mutual friends.
Their premium subscription can be taken through their feature “Tinder Gold” which comes with advanced benefits. By October 2014, the average Tinder user was spending nearly 90 minutes per day on the app. Prior to 2012, the majority of online dating services matched people based on their autobiographical information, such as interests, hobbies, and future plans. However, with the introduction of Tinder that year, first impressions became even more important. Tinder offers a much simpler environment than its counterparts as it examines social human bonding behavior.
What you Should Know Before Cancelling Membership
If you’ve tried relying on online dating for a while, you’ve almost certainly used Tinder, the app that popularized the idea of swiping right or left to indicate your level of interest in someone. While you may use Tinder for a while, most people do not want to rely on the app indefinitely. You’ll eventually find a match, get into a relationship, and no longer want to receive likes and messages from other people. If you’re ready to stop using Tinder, there are two options for deactivating your dating profile: You can either hide your profile from the app’s Discovery section temporarily or delete your account permanently.
Deleting your account will not necessarily cancel your membership, to know how to do either of them keep reading as we have some easy steps lined up for you. A subscription, once canceled, does not result in a refund of previously paid subscription fees, and previously paid subscription fees cannot be prorated relying on your date of cancellation. When you cancel a subscription, you will still be allowed to use it until the number of days are over as per your payment.
Steps for Cancellation of Tinder Subscription
- Go to the Google Play application on your Android device.
- Click on the 3 horizontal bars at the top for the dropdown menu to appear.
- Click on the “Subscriptions” option.
- Find the subscription that you wish to cancel.
- Click on the “Cancel Subscription” option to proceed.
- You will be asked to answer why you are trying to cancel.
- You can select one of the options or click “Decline to Answer” at the bottom. Then select “Continue”.
Once you have successfully canceled your Tinder subscription you can go ahead and delete the account with the following steps:
- Start the Tinder app and tap the profile icon in the top left corner of iOS or the bottom right corner of Android.
- Click on “Settings” on your profile page. Select “Delete Account” at the very bottom of the page.
- You will be given the option to pause than delete on the Pause My Account page. Select “Delete My Account”.
- Confirm that you want to delete the account once more. Tinder will also ask why you are deleting your account, which you can choose to answer or ignore.
Dating sites are quite helpful for friendship or finding the perfect match, however, long cancellation and refund procedures can be a daunting experience when you have not figured out how to do it. We hope the aforementioned steps have made it easier for you to cancel and delete your account. For further assistance in terms of services or refunds you can reach out to the support.