If you have booked a Wizz Air flight but due to circumstances wish to cancel your flight, we have listed some quick and easy steps that will take you through your options for cancellation.
Wizz Air is renowned for its affordable flight rates and is based in Budapest. Founded in May 2004, Wizz Air mostly operates from secondary airports and is always seeking ways to extend its network into untapped avenues and a wide range of destinations and provide low-cost air transportation to and from Central as well as Eastern Europe. The airline covers over 600 routes across European cities, as well as some locations in North Africa and the Middle East. They have a fleet of 119 contemporary Airbus A320 family planes. Wizz Air was ranked one of the top 10 safest low-cost airlines in 2019 thanks to its modern and affordable fleet.
What you Must Know on Wizz Air Cancelation and Refund
If you wish to cancel your Wizz Air flight, it is advised that you first learn about Wizz Air’s cancellation policy.
Wizz Air has implemented a 24-hour cancellation policy in response to the requirements and circumstances of its passengers. Wizz Air gives passengers additional options and perks when it comes to booking. According to Wizz Air’s 24-hour cancellation policy, travelers can cancel a Wizz Air flight within 24 hours after purchase. If your reservation was done a week or more before the departure date of your Wizz Air flight, Wizz Air will give a full refund. Wizz Air has the right to alter the cancellation time to 24 hours at any moment. If travelers cancel a Wizz Air trip a couple of hours before departure and the flight was purchased no more than a week prior, Wizz Air will ask for a penalty that is entirely dependent on the Wizz Air pricing rule.
The Hungarian airline has now imposed a cancellation charge for both local and international flights. If you are unfamiliar with the Wizz Air flight cancellation charge for international flights, here is the structure of their charges.
If you cancel your ticket after the 24-hour risk-free cancellation period, Wizz Air may charge you a cost ranging from $100 to $500. If you decide to cancel your Wizz Air flight before 24 hours of its scheduled departure, you will be charged a Wizz Air cancellation fee of $100 to $400. You can also file a cancellation request after canceling your flight ticket.
Wizz Air cancellations can be made in two ways: online or by phone. To begin the cancellation procedure, you must have your flight confirmation number ready to input or present to the executive. When the Wizz Air cancellation procedure is completed, you will be notified of the refund choices available to you.
Cancellation Through the Website
- Browse the Wizz Air website on any browser. In the top right corner of the web page, click the ‘Sign In’ icon. Enter your Wizz Air user credentials.
- Click the yellow “Log In” button. If you can’t remember your Wizz Air login information, click the ‘Need help logging in?’ link at the bottom right.
- Unless you’re a common Wizz Air flier, you may want to try the small box that says ‘Remember Me?’ after you enter your Wizz Air login information. You won’t have to strain your brain to remember your login details.
- Visit the Wizz Air cancellations page. Proceed after entering the correct confirmation number and your name. Now press the ‘Continue’ button. In the ‘Flight’ header, click the ‘Manage Wizz Air Reservations’ link that will appear.
- Click the ‘Wizz Air Cancel Reservation’ button. On your desktop, boxes will appear requesting some details, make sure you enter the correct information. Then click the ‘Continue’ button.
- You must enter the original name that you used when booking Wizz Air flight ticket. The ‘Cancel My Reservation?’ option can be found at the bottom of the Wizz Air cancellation page. To cancel your Wizz Air ticket reservation, click the ‘Yes, Cancel’ option.
Cancellation via Customer Care
Call Wizz Air Reservations Department at 0 690 900 555 (Hungary), 09 057 070 000 (UK), 0330 977 0444 (UK) or 090 010 002 592 (Germany). Contact Wizz Air by phone if you have any specific queries or questions about your flight ticket reservation, refunds, fees or Wizz Air online air ticket revocation. Inform the airline executive that you wish to cancel your Wizz Air reservations. For further queries you can also visit their help center.
Canceling at The Airport
You must commute to the airport where you have chosen to board your flight. You must go to the Wizz Air Airport Ticket Office (ATO). You can speak with a Wizz Air executive in person and request that your flight tickets be canceled. The reimbursement will be credited to the same account used to make the original payment.