GOtv is one of Kenya’s leading digital TV providers. Ever since its introduction into the market, it has been winning Kenyans over and is still winning more people over. This has been mainly due to the channels it offers and its affordability. It comes in different packages and every package usually has its specific channels. The question that then arises from this is how to change the GOtv package. Well, this does not need to worry you anymore as this article will touch on how to change from one GOtv package to another at the comfort of your house.
This article major on GOtv, one of the reliable and efficient services rendered under the company MultiChoice Kenya, and more specifically, the GOtv how to change package options. GOtv provides family entertainment. Its contents are mainly driven on the basis of giving local channels made in Africa, for Africa. Let us now get into business; learning about how to change from one package to another.
How to change GOtv package
One thumb up brought about by the use of GOtv is the ability to change or upgrade the subscriptions that any user is on. This is usually the case, especially when a customer begins using the GOtv service as a trial or experimental decision. In about a month or two, most customers are usually overwhelmed by the greatness and quality of entertainment that they seek to upgrade their accounts. This has been made easy through a number of ways that the service provides. These ways are:
1. How to change GOtv package via SMS
One of the easiest and fastest ways to change your GOtv subscription is through the use of an SMS. This is a Short Message Service (SMS). What you do is basically send an SMS ‘UPGRADE IUC NUMBER’ to 22688, or call customer care and request for an upgrade.
2. How to change GOtv package online
GOtv provides an online platform commonly referred to as the “Easy Self service”. The service is well operational and continues receiving upgrades as well as further developments. Customers are able to manage their subscription, find nearest GOtv dealers, upgrade or downgrade a subscription, clear error codes among many other GOtv services. All this is done online anywhere. It offers customers the self-service option. This way, they can manage their subscriptions online and in the comfort of their homes and wireless devices.
It is important to note that changing or altering subscriptions on GOtv does not limit its users and subscribers. Upgrades or downgrades can be performed at the subscriber’s will without having issues arising from carrying out the operations.
Hence, with that in mind, there are a few things you need to consider or rather keep in mind before downgrading or upgrading your GOtv package. These are:
- If you have an active subscription, it is actually advisable to let the subscription expire first before you can upgrade or downgrade your package
- If after downgrading or upgrading and you feel you are not satisfied with the package you moved to, you can upgrade or downgrade again after that month’s subscription ends
- After downgrading or upgrading your package, you should pay for the package you have upgraded or downgraded to. You should not pay for both the previous package as well as the new package as some people would normally confuse and do.
With that in mind, here is the online procedure I would use on how to change my GOtv package in Kenya:
- The first thing you need to do is to log onto your GOtv account. To login to your account, you are required to enter either your phone number or your surname accompanied by your IUC number as required for one to log in.
- Secondly, after a successful login, select the Build a Package option from the dashboard display.
- Select the package you want to upgrade or downgrade to then click ‘next’.
- After that comes the payment option, click the ‘pay’ button and choose the payment option you prefer to use to pay for your GOtv.
- Enter all the required information to complete your payment and your new package will be activated in five to ten minutes.
How to manage your subscriptions
If you were late in paying the monthly subscription charges and your decoder fails to reactivate automatically, a subscriber could embark on one of the following methods to reactivate their decoder.
You can activate your GOtv decoder by sending an SMS with the word “Reset” to 22688 and wait for their response or by dialing *423# from your mobile phone and following the user prompts provided. The customer should ensure that the decoder is powered on while carrying out these operations.
Alternatively, you could as well re-activate GOtv Kenya online, just visit their website and log in using your surname or mobile number and IUC number on your decoder as the password. Go to “Clear your error” Tab and select E16 and click on the ‘Reset device now’ tab.