- 1 Types of the bouquet in StarTimes
- 2 StarTimes bouquet upgrade
Are you currently using a StarTimes decoder and you are stuck on how you can upgrade or downgrade its bouquet? Do not worry; here is a guide that will take you through the procedure on how to change the StarTimes bouquet in Kenya. Saddle up to know more about this.
Before going straight to the procedure on how to change StarTimes bouquet Kenya, it is essential to have the prior knowledge of the bouquets that it offers. Here is a breakdown of types of the bouquet in StarTimes
Types of the bouquet in StarTimes
1. Free to Air decoders (FTA)
These set-top boxes do not accrue to any monthly charges. You will only pay once when purchasing it and after, you will be able to access all the local television and radio stations for free in a lifetime.
Here, once your decoder is set up, you will be required to pay a monthly fee in accordance with your subscription. The more the monthly charges you pay, the more channels you will access. This type of decoder has all the basic entertainment, news, sports, movies, and spiritual channels. It all depends on the bouquet you are subscribed to. In case you want to switch to FTA, a small fee will be required to complete the process. The different StarTimes packages for this type of set-top box include the following:
3. Digital Terrestrial Technology(DDT)
Here, ground-based antennas that are built from masts are usually used for broadcasting. The following packages are classified under this technology:
Nyota bouquet. It has over ten channels and its subscription costs Ksh. 259 per month.
StarTimes Basic. Over 37 channels are available under this package where you have to pay a monthly fee of Ksh. 599.
StarTimes Classic. It contains over 57 channels and a Ksh. 999 monthly fee.
StarTimes Unique. This package has the largest number of channels and also a substantial monthly subscription fee compared to others under this technology. Ksh. 1499 will give you access to more than 76 channels monthly.
4. Direct to Home(DTH)
When this type of technology is used, broadcasts are transmitted via satellites. The following bouquets are available under this technology.
StarTimes NOVA. For Ksh. 449 only, you will have access to 35 channels.
StarTimes Smart. Ksh. 899 gives you access to StarTimes TV bouquets of 69 TV channels plus 25 Audio for one month.
StarTimes Super. Here, you will get 100 4HD channels and 25 Audios for Ksh. 1499 every month.
StarTimes Chinese. With 12 Chinese and 69 other channels, you will be required to pay a total of Ksh. 1799 per month.
StarTimes Indian. This subscription has an Addon package of 7 Indian channels where you have to pay Ksh. 899 monthly to access it.
StarTimes bouquet upgrade
Are you trying to change your bouquet on StarTimes decoder? Here is the procedure you should follow. Remember that you cannot switch from DTT to DHT or vice versa because they use different technologies to relay broadcasting. The two techniques also have different decoders, and one technically cannot fit into the other. StarTimes just like any other digital pay platform, provides smart cards and is unique to only one user and contains details that are used to verify and approve StarTimes packages purchase therefore you must use these exact details while changing the bouquet.
How to change your StarTime bouquet on your phone
This is the simplest and the least sophisticated method you can use to change your StarTimes bouquet. No need to have an internet connection as it uses a USSD code. Below are the exact steps you are supposed to follow.
Part 1: Upgrading or downgrading pay-Tv to another pay-Tv subscription
- Dial *858# on your Safaricom or Airtel line. Note that if you have no airtime balance, you will be prompted to recharge and try again. For this reason, make sure you have at least a Ksh. 2 balance.
- A menu will appear. Select option 5 on the menu
- Select your decoder type. This can be done by replying with option 1 if you are using a DDT technology set-top box or option 2 if you are currently using a DTH decoder. Do not select option 1 if your decoder uses a satellite receiver or option 2 if it uses antennae.
- Now choose your preferred bouquet from the listed options. This will greatly depend on the choice in step number 3. For example, if you chose Digital decoder in step 3, then the listed options will be Nyota, Basic, Classic and Unique bouquets. If you replied with dish decoder, the listed options would be NOVA, Smart, Chinese, Indian, and Super.
- Input your Smartcard number. It appears below the barcode of your smartcard. Note that only the first eleven numbers are to be used.
Now you have successfully upgraded or downgraded your pay-Tv subscription.
Part 2: downgrading pay-Tv to FTA subscription.
Are you tired of paying monthly for your decoder subscription? The good news is that you can downgrade to a free to air subscription at a small fee. Use the procedure below to do so.
- Start with step 1 in the previous part. After dialing the USSD number move to step number 2 of this part.
- Reply to option 6. After doing so follow all the other prompts. You will be required to pay a one-time fee of Ksh. 2,500.
Alternatively, you can buy a loop out cable at around Ksh.200 from any StarTimes dealer then connect your decoder to the TV and start enjoying free to air channels. This is especially handy when you don’t want to change your subscription. Your package will remain as it was after paying the monthly fee.
How to change your bouquet on StarTimes mobile application
StarTimes introduced a mobile app that is compatible with iPhone and Android Operating Systems. Besides upgrading your bouquet, you can use the app to watch live channels, get all the TV guides, and catch up with any program you have missed. If you want to use the StarTimes mobile application to change the bouquet, you are required to have already linked your decoder to the application. Follow the procedure below to change your package.
- Download and install the app. It is found in both the Google Play Store and App Store, so you don’t have to worry about the download links. Just do a quick search on the relevant platform. For Android use Play Store and App Store for the iOS system.
- Launch the StarTimes mobile application. This can be done by navigating to your application list menu then clicking on the app’s icon.
- Click on the “ME” option. The option is available on the bottom right corner as shown in the picture below. Note that you will need an active internet connection for the app to function so don’t switch off your data.
- Log in/sign up. If you already have an account, use your credentials to log in. However, if it is your first time to use the app, you have to register in order to continue with the other steps. Provide them with your phone number then confirm the code that will be sent to you. After, create a password and add your StarTimes card number. Move to the next step after a successful registration process.
- Click on “MY StarTimes Decoder Service.” This option is available on the “ME” profile window.
- In the “MY StarTimes Decoder Service” page click on the “Bouquet” option. Note if you have not linked your decoder to the mobile application you will be prompted to link them.
- Choose the preferred package. You will be prompted to click on the bouquet you want to change while still displaying your current subscribed bouquet.
Now you have successfully done a StarTimes bouquet upgrade. Make sure you pay the monthly fee for the subscription you have chosen.
ALSO, READ: Jubilee Insurance Kenya Contacts and Branches
How to change StarTimes bouquet online
You can change your package online too. All you need is an active internet connection and a browser, preferably Chrome. If you are using a PC, Opera Mini browser can do the task too. Use the procedure below.
- Open your browser. Whether on your computer or smartphone do a quick Google search, “StarTimes website.” Click on their official website from the search results.
- Click on service. You will have to scroll all the way down to see the option.
- Log in/sign up. If you already have an account with them, there is no need to register again. Just log in with the same credentials. In case you have forgotten your password click on the “forgot password” option to reset it. If you don’t have an account, click on the sign-in option and register to open one.
- Link your account with your decoder. That is if you have not linked them. If you had already done so earlier, skip this step.
- Proceed to click the bouquet option where it will display your current bouquet and the other available bouquet for your decoder that you can switch to.
- Select the package you want to switch to. After doing so, leave the rest to StarTimes technical team. Within less than a minute your subscription will have been changed. Pay the monthly fee for that bouquet to confirm the changes.
- Now you have the procedure on how to change StarTimes bouquet Kenya. Just be sure to follow each step and do exactly as indicated. Say goodbye to boring channels by upgrading your package. Good luck.