When one mentions the word CRB it sends a cold spine along the hearts of numerous credit taking selves principally from Mpesa and other credit lending institutions, even if you question them the real definition of the word CRB, CRB which stands for credit reference bureaus within Kenya where loan lenders present the details of people who fail to repay their loan. They go with a slogan Negligence is never anything; do pay your loan to end. Another question that people ask themselves, are we listed with the CRB? Or how do I check my CRB status online in Kenya?
Within our Country, we have three institutions with clearance to check on none performing loans, Transunion, Metropol, and CreditInfo. And for one to access their credit details they have to register with either one or all of the required Credit Reference Bureaus, the main reason as to why it is advised that you check your details with all CRBs is because lenders at times do send details to all the companies thus necessitating clearance from all companies, now we are going to see online ways on how to check an individual’s CRB status online;
1.How to Check CRB Status with Metropol
With Metropol, the first step is to access the Metropol website or download the Metropol Crystobol app or dial *433#. This is a convenient answer to many who want to know how to check CRB status online in Kenya using mobile. If you have decided to register with Metropol, then follow the following steps keenly.
To Register With Metropol,
- The first step is to Pay Ksh 50 as registration fees through the Paybill number 220388.
- Input your ID number as the account number.
- Then You will get an SMS with your unique Code details, a Reference Number and a particular Link
The next step is to access Metropol services upon payment of the registration fees;
- Dial *433# and input your Personal Identification Number, and you will receive your details via the SMS.
- The other option is by Metropol crystobol application into your cell phone.
- Or you can visit the Metropol website and log in to view your CRB status.
Metropol also offers a range of services, and you can make payment using the same steps described when checking CRB status online in Kenya.
- A Credit Score of Ksh 150. You have the right to one free credit report in a year. Metropol awards a score between 200 and 900, and with any score below 400 will translate that you’re a defaulter and lenders can’t give you loans. Any score above 400 will mean fair, and lenders will be in a position to provide you with loans with a lot of caution. A good credit score is any score close to 900, and the above lenders will give you cheap loans.
- For one to obtain a Credit Report, you will be required to pay Ksh 250. This is a report deeply explaining how you interact with financial institutions.
- To find out who listed you, you are required to pay Ksh 50 to know who forwarded your name to the CRB.
- And finally, to obtain a Clearance Certificate, you will be required to pay Ksh 2200. After clearing all your defaulted loans, and you’ll be issued with a clearance certificate.
2. How to check CRB status Online in Kenya with TransUnion
The following are ways one can Check CRB status online in Kenya via TransUnion CRB
- First, you can send an SMS to number 21272
- Second is through TransUnion CRB app called, TransUnion Nipashe app
- And third through TransUnion website.
If you decide to check your status with TransUnion, follow the steps below:
- Register with TransUnion by:
- Send your full names to 21272
- Input your ID number
- Choose CC (meaning Credit Status)
Upon receiving your CRB status as good, this will mean a positive condition that is to say you are not blacklisted, upon receiving a default message it will mean a negative condition that is you are blacklisted.
You can also access Other TransUnion Services such as:
- A Credit Report one is entitled a free credit report in a year, and upon payment of Ksh 650 to Paybill, number 212121 and the account number should be your ID to get more than one statement in a year.
- You can also get a Clearance Certificate upon payment of Ksh 2200 to Paybill number 212121 and use your ID number as the account number. To get your clearance certificate, you will be needed to register on the TransUnion website using your email address. After payment, you can claim your certificate by sending your Mpesa message to email@example.com
3. How to check My CRB Status online via CreditInfo
CreditInfo entirely works on the information they receive through emails. But first you will be required to fill;
- The online credit request form to obtain your certificate of clearance.
- And if you feel that your Credit Report Contains incorrect information, you will be asked to fill the Credit report Dispute form.