- Extra County School (Formally Provincial Schools)
- County Schools
- Sub-county schools
Form one 2020 selection for KCPE 2019 candidates who scored above 400 marks has already been finalized. This group will be those joining the 136 national schools. Of these 136 national schools, 35 are special-needs education secondary schools.
Selection for extra-county and county schools starts on December 3 and ends on December 5.
How to Check Secondary School Selection via SMS code
To check secondary school selected SMS your index number to 20042 (the code works for Safaricom, Airtel, and Telkom). The SMS charges ksh. 25.
How to Download form One 2020 Admission Letter Online
Downloading form one 2020 admission letter is now easier. Once you have confirmed the school in which you have been admitted then the next thing is to download your admission letter.
To download your letter follow these steps:
- Go to: Form One Selection
- Select the county and sub-county you sat KCPE then key in your index number and Submit.
- Click on the link named “admission letter” at the bottom of the page for a copy of your admission letter.
- Use the printer icon to print or download icon to download to your computer.
- Get your primary school’s headteacher to endorse the letter and stamp it in the space provided.
Education Cabinet Secretary, George Magoha, on Monday, December 2, unveiled a platform for KCPE 2019 candidates to confirm the secondary schools they have been selected to join.
In a morning press conference at the Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development (KICD), the CS revealed that the candidates could access the information by sending a text message of their index number to 22263. The message costs Ksh25 using Safaricom line
He further revealed that the candidates would be required to report to their respective schools starting Monday, January 13, 2020, and the latest by Friday 17, 2020.
He also disclosed that more than 95% of students would be admitted to their school of choice especially considering that they had chosen up to 11 schools.