The online dating platform Ashley Madison is infamous for catering to individuals who are married or in a committed relationship. The Internet calls it a “cheating app”. In 2015, the website created a storm when it was hacked and an estimated 37 million users’ sensitive information got leaked. The names, emails, home addresses, financial information, and chat history were among the specifics that were eventually made public online. Over time, Ashley Madison has earned a bad image.
Signing up with Ashley Madison is free. In terms of payment and plans, the Basic costs $59, or $0.59 per credit, and gives you 100 credits. The website allows you to open an account without providing your credit card information. You may create an account on Ashley Madison, write your profile, and use the website’s essential features for free. Most people cancel their subscriptions to the notorious cons of the website. Members of Ashley Madison are billed via a combination of credits and subscriptions. It may be challenging to keep track of your actual spending. In any case, if you have decided to cancel your subscription and shut your account, here is what you should know.
A 30-day trial of your membership is automatically provided when you join up for an Ashley Madison account. You must go to “Manage Subscriptions” and select the subscription you want to cancel in order to cancel any of your subscriptions. Please note that simply ending the membership will not result in a refund of your payment. Simply put, it will prevent the website from invoicing you again. Whether you cancel your account over the phone or online, you should always ask for a confirmation. This gives you a backup strategy in case your account has problems in the future. Know when you can cancel your service to avoid unforeseen additional costs by understanding the terms of your contract.
How to Cancel Account Online
- Browse the website ashleymadison.com.
- Select “Manage Profile” and then click on “Delete Profile”.
- A further option that is presented separately on the grounds of closing your account is “Complete Profile Removal”.
How to Cancel Your Account on Android
- Browse the Google Play Store first. Make sure you’re logged into the correct Google account if you have many.
- Select “Subscriptions” from the menu by clicking on it.
- Tap the “Cancel Subscription” button next to the subscription for Ashley Madison. Proceed as instructed.
- Your future subscriptions will be cancelled and won’t renew after your Ashley Madison subscription has been deleted from Google Play.
How to Cancel Your Account on iOS
- First, tap on your name in the settings app.
- Tap the “Subscriptions” tab next.
- Select the Ashley Madison (subscription) you wish to review by tapping it.
- Now click Cancel.
How to Cancel Your Account on Phone
- Dial 866-742-2218 to reach customer service.
- Request a representative’s attention. Give them details of your account.
- Request the cancellation of your membership and account deletion.
- An email of confirmation will be sent to you.
Many close their account on the platform as a result of bad press, guilt and fear of being publicly shamed. If you have decided that Ashley Madison is not a suitable app for you, we hope the aforementioned steps were helpful to get you through the cancellation process smoothly. For further assistance, you can approach the customer support.