In this article, I will supervise you on how to Deposit Money to PayPal Account using Mpesa. It’s clear, quick and handy. You can now be able to top up your PayPal account via M-Pesa in Kenya.
To top up your account, you need to do the following:
1. Have a PayPal account.
2. Go to paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa and click on login (top right corner).
3. You will be prompted to log in and thereafter agree to terms of using the service.
4. Add your M-Pesa phone number.
How to Deposit Money to Paypal account via Mpesa
- Log into your account at paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa and click “Top Up”.
- Enter the amount you would like to top up in USD and click “Calculate” to get the equivalent amount converted in Kenya Shillings. This is the amount you need to transfer from M-PESA.
- Go to your M-PESA menu and select “Lipa na M-PESA” then the “Pay Bill” option.
- Enter Business Number 800088.
- Enter your phone number as the Account Number.
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and press “Send”.
- Cost – You will be charged a 4% conversion fee + PayBill M-PESA charges will apply.
- Top up time – It may take up to 4 hours for the money to reflect in your PayPal account.
- Exchange rate – It will appear at the bottom of the top-up page.
- Transaction limits – Ksh. 70,000 per transaction and Ksh. 140,000 per day.
ALSO, READ – How to Link Paypal Account to Equity Bank Account
To be able to top up your PayPal account you need to have:
- An Active PayPal account
- To have linked your PayPal Account with Mpesa.
Once these 2 requirements are met, login to the PayPal Mobile Money Service with the Mpesa website to calculate how much you need to send.
Next, open the Mpesa Menu and follow the on-screen prompts from the Lipa Na Mpesa – PayBill and enter the PayBill number 800088.
Followed by your account number which is the mobile number registered with PayPal.
The amount you want to send and your pin number.
You should get confirmatory SMS and email indicating that your PayPal account has received a payment.
And that’s how to top up your PayPal account using Mpesa.