Do you love smokies? Indeed, I trust you do simply like me. Smokies fall in the group of sausages frequently utilized in making wieners in many nations. Smokies simply like sausages are an ordinary nibble at the morning meal table. By and by, would you say you are mindful that there are different smokies recipe that you could use to make smokies for breakfast as well as for lunch or supper? All things considered, if you are as yet thinking about how this is conceivable, at that point this article is for you. In the accompanying content, we will investigate four innovative ways on the most proficient method to cook smokies Kenya.
How to cook smokies in Kenya
In the four recipes that we will explore today, I recommend using smokies from Kenya’s Farmer’s Choice due to their mouthwatering and delightful taste. Besides that, the company has a variety of smokies that one could choose from with convenience. These variants include beef, pork, and chicken.
Recipe one: How to cook smokies in a pan
In the first recipe, we will show you how to fry smokies
- 4 to 6 smokies from Farmer’s Choice
- Frying oil
- ¼ cup of water
- A tablespoon of Salt
- Heat the frying pan in a medium set heat for about two minutes
- Add a little oil to the pan and ensure that it spreads evenly in the pan.
- Place the smokies one by one carefully on the hot pan and ensure they are evenly spaced from each other; this will enable them to cook evenly on all angles. If you want to cook many smokies, you will have to do it in batches.
- Fry the smokies until golden brown. At first, you should let them sit for around two minutes after which you can now flip them over. The whole process will take roughly 10- 15 minutes for the smokies to be well cooked. To check if they have cooked thoroughly, you can cut one of the smokies at the center. The meat must be firm without any traces of pink or juices.
- Alternatively, some smokies are large and take a while to cook well; in such a scenario you can steam them to make them cook faster. You will cook the smokies until brown but raw on the inside; this is when you will need to pour a quarter of water into a pan and cover it with a lid. The steam trapped under the cap will heat the smokies from all angles. Remember to reduce the heat and cook for five to ten minutes.
Recipe two: How to cook spaghetti with smokies
Several accompaniments go well with smokies, such as chips and smokies, rice and smokies as well as spaghetti. When using spaghetti, one can use several ingredients of their liking while maintaining the main elements as outlined below
- One packet of your favorite brand of spaghetti
- 8 smokies
- Frying oil
- Two diced onions and tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- Royco or beef chili cubes
- Put some water, salt, and oil of about two tablespoons in a pan. When the water boils, put the spaghetti and let it boil for eight to ten minutes
- Once the spaghetti is ready, drain any remaining water and put it aside. Cover the meal with a lid to keep it hot.
- Take a frying pan and fry the Smokies until well cooked. Place them aside to cool.
- After the Smokies have cooked well, cut them into small pieces
- The next step is to make the sauce. Heat the oil and fry the diced onions until they are tender. Fry the tomatoes too and add salt and seasoning while stirring well.
- Place the cut smokies to the sauce and cook for about two minutes.
- Lastly, add the cooked spaghetti and ensure it covers well with the sauce. Cook for a few minutes and serve.
Recipe three: How to make smokie pasua
In Kenya, smokie pasua refers to a diagonally cut smokie garnished with Kachumbari and tomato/chili sauce in the middle. This recipe will elaborate on you on how to do the famous smokie pasua and how to enjoy it at the comfort of your house.
- Four pieces of smokies
- One cut onion
- Finely chopped tomato
- Tomato sauce
- A tablespoon of salt to taste
- Freshly cut dhania
- In the first step, you need to mix the chopped onions, dhania, and tomato in a clean bowl. Then add a pinch of salt and place it aside
- Prepare the smokies by heating or frying them in a hot pan until well cooked. Place them apart and let them cool.
- Afterward, take one of the Smokies and place it on a clean board, then cut it at the center using a sharp knife.
- Take the Kachumbari you had earlier prepared in step one and fill it up on the cut section until filled the way you would like. Garnish with some tomato sauce on the sides of the smokies
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining smokies and then serve and eat to enjoy.
ALSO, READ – List of Reliable Transit Companies in Kenya
Recipe four: How to make smokies and rice
- 6 to 8 smokies
- Frying oil
- Two medium finely chopped tomatoes
- A half-cup of water
- Two cloves of garlic
- One medium red and yellow bell pepper chopped into cubes
- One onion cut
- Salt to taste
- One and a half cups of cooked rice
- Cook the rice and when ready place it aside.
- Fry the smokies in a non-stick pan until brown and well cooked. Keep them aside when done.
- When the Smokies have cooled off, cut them into small pieces.
- Fry the onions, garlic and add the tomatoes. Stir them until sauce forms. Then add salt and water.
- You can add the diced bell peppers and then pour the chopped smokies into the spicy sauce.
- The last step is to add the cooked rice in small portions and then ensure it mixes well with the vegetable sauce. Cook for one minute and then serve and enjoy.
Now that you have a rough idea of how smokies are made, here are three useful tips that you need to be aware of when cooking.
- First, after buying smokies, store them in the fridge and cook them within two days or freeze them.
- When frying the Smokies, ensure to use a pan that does not stick to get the best outcomes. In case you don’t have a non-stick pan then put a light coat of oil on the pan.
- When heating, the frying pan always use medium heat and never high heat as smokies will cook well even on a gentle supply of heat.
The following YouTube video shows how to fry smokies in a pan.