Most Kenyan organizations, government divisions, and NGO’s interest for a certificate of good conduct at whatever point one is going after a position. Periodically, the Certificate of good conduct for organization executives has been requested when organizations place tenders for the inventory of items or administrations in the nation.
The main role of the report is a type of check to guarantee that the individual’s record in the Criminal Investigation Department is spotless.
Applying for eCitizen good conduct certificate
To apply for a certificate of good conduct, you need to have attained a minimum age of 18 years. You also need to possess a second-generation national identification card as well as a clear copy of the same.
The third important factor is that you need to have an eCitizen account. If you don’t have one, then don’t worry. You can create the account for free. Nairobi residents must apply for the document online.
The portal also provides for eCitizen good conduct renewal. You will also be required to pay Kshs. 1,050 via MPESA to get the document. Once you’re done with the process, you will need to print the payment confirmation and take it back to the Criminal Investigation Department headquarters.
ECitizen good conduct certificate application process
- First, log in to your eCitizen account on ecitizen.go.ke using your username (your email) and password. This will take you to the eCitizen dashboard.
- Once you’re on the dashboard, you can proceed to click ‘Get Service Now’, which is under the category ‘Directorate of Criminal Investigations’.
- You will then follow the guidelines on how to apply for an adult or under 18.
- Choose the payment mode to pay 1050 for the good conduct certificate.
- Download then print two copies of the payment invoice and a copy of the C24 on both sides of the A4 paper.
- Once you’re done with the online part, you can proceed to present to the CID offices the invoices and C24 alongside an original identification document or original birth certificate in the case of a minor. Here, you will also go through fingerprint processing. The CID headquarters are on Kiambu road, past Muthaiga Golf Club.
- During the application process, you can set the specific date on which you would like to go through the fingerprint processing.