The choice of permitting individuals from the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) individuals pay their commitments by means of M-Pesa, is fast, simple and substantially more helpful. Particularly for the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) individuals who don’t have the benefit of a business who will naturally deduct the installment from their month to month pay or compensation.
Knowing how to pay your month to month National Social Security Fund (NSSF) commitments by means of M-Pesa will spare all of you the battles of visiting any of the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) workplaces. Thus, putting something aside for your retirement is considerably simpler.
This article will tell you the best way to do your month to month National Social Security Fund (NSSF) payments from your cell phone, by means of M-Pesa.
You should have a Safaricom line that has M-Pesa empowered so as to utilize this technique.
How To Make Your Monthly National Social Security Fund (NSSF) Payments Via M-Pesa
To make your monthly National Social Security Fund (NSSF) payments via M-Pesa, simply:
- Go to your M-Pesa via your Safaricom SIM Toolkit.
- Once there, proceed to select the ‘Lipa na Mpesa’ option on the menu.
- Next, select the ‘Paybill’ option.
- In the field labeled as ‘Paybill Number’, type in 333300.
- Next, in the field labeled as ‘Account Number’, type in your 9 digit National Social Security Fund (NSSF) number. It should also include the leading zeros and the trailing X.
- Once done, type in the amount that you would like to pay. It should be between 200 Kenyan Shillings to 70,000 Kenyan Shillings.
- Type in your unique M-Pesa pin.
- Again, make sure that all the details you provided are accurate, especially the Paybill Number and of course your National Social Security Fund (NSSF) number. After making sure the details are correct, proceed to select ‘Ok’.
After you have finished on the last step mentioned above, an SMS message will be sent back to you by M-Pesa, confirming the transaction which you just made.
Please bear in mind that it will take not more than 48 hours for your contributions to be updated once you make National Social Security Fund (NSSF) payments through M-Pesa.
And that is everything you need to know about paying for your monthly National Social Security Fund (NSSF) contributions via M-Pesa.
There is also the option of paying your National Social Security Fund (NSSF) monthly contributions via a bank. Especially if it is for amounts above 70,000 Kenyan Shillings. The process is however less convenient and a lot more time consuming, so going the M-Pesa way is suggested.
What is NSSF
The National Social Security Fund (NSSF), is a Kenyan government agency responsible for the collection, safekeeping, responsible investment, as well as the distribution of retirement funds of employees in both the formal and informal sectors of the Kenyan Economy. Participation in the rather crucial retirement savings plan account is compulsory for both employers and employees is.
It was founded in 1965 by an Act of Parliament in order to administer a provident fund scheme for all workers in Kenya and has its headquarters in the Kenyan capital; Nairobi.