How To Sambaza Safaricom Credit: Sambaza is a service by Safaricom that enables the telecommunications customers to transfer both airtime and data bundles from one mobile number to another.
There are various ways one can use to sambaza airtime using a Safaricom line.
Sambaza Safaricom Credit: Use of USSD
- On your phone, dial *140*
- Follow with the amount you wish to sambaza. For instance; *140*100*
- Follow with the number you wish to send the credit with and end with #. For instance; *140*100*072xxxxxx8#
- Press OK or the CALL button
Both you, the sender and the receiver of the airtime will get a notification, by way of an SMS that the transaction was complete.
With USSD, you can send as little as 5 shillings and as much as 10,000 shillings.
By use of SMS
Did you know that you can sambaza airtime by use of an SMS?
- Start a new SMS
- Enter the amount you wish to sambaza in the new SMS section, followed by # and the number you wish to send the airtime to. For instance; 40#072xxxxxx8
- Send the message to 140
- Wait for the confirmation message.
Both you, the sender and the receiver will receive an SMS confirmation of the completion of the transaction.
Dial *456# to sambaza airtime to another Safaricom phone number
To use this method, check out your airtime balance, determine how much airtime you want to share, get the recipient’s phone number then follow the steps below:
- Dial *456# on your feature phone, smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer (if using your Safaricom line in a modem or router)
- Select option 2: Okoa / Sambaza / Please Call Me
- Select option 3: Sambaza Airtime
- Enter the phone number you wish to send airtime to e.g. 0704123456
- Enter the amount to sambaza e.g. 50
- Press Send
Wait for a confirmation message from Safaricom with details of the transfer
Use the Safaricom SIM toolkit to sambaza airtime
- Go to your device’s main menu
- Select Safaricom SIM toolkit option
- Select Safaricom+
- Select My Account
- Select Sambaza
- Select Prepay
- Enter the amount to transfer e.g. 50
- Then select either of these options: 1. Search SIM contacts to locate the recipient’s phone number OR 2. Enter the mobile number of the recipient manually
To search your phone book for the number, use the Search SIM Contacts option. Enter a letter to locate the recipient’s details from your phonebook
- Or enter a phone number manually e.g. 0704123456
- Press OK
By use of M-Pesa
- Go to the M-Pesa Menu
- Click on Buy Airtime
- Select buy for another phone
- Enter the phone number you wish to buy airtime for
- Enter the amount you wish to sambaza
- Enter your PIN
- Confirm if the amount and number are okay
- Press OK or CALL button
You will receive a message from M-Pesa that the transaction was complete.