Senior Risk & Compliance Officer Job, Accounting Jobs In Kenya 2022
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Risk & Compliance Officer who will be reporting to the Risk & Compliance Manager, based at our Head Office.
The ideal candidate should be an individual with a basic understanding of ERPS, a good understanding of risk management and controls, someone who understands government policies related to risk, and is computer literate.
The job holder will be responsible for ensuring an effective compliance and Enterprise Management Framework is developed and implemented in all divisions.
Main Responsibilities of the job
- Take responsibility for the company control work program
- Create awareness on Risk Management to ensure the operations across all divisions are managed from an informed point
- Ensure full adherence to PACI controls across all business units
- Act as the company Data Protection officer
- Take charge of the development and implementation of the Company Corporate Compliance Framework and the ERM framework
- Maintain a domestic and international legal and regulatory compliance register and heat maps to identify any compliance gaps for the organization.
- Review all contracts and SLAs before being signed by the company to ensure any compliance risks are identified and managed.
- Conduct contract and SLAs compliance testing especially for high value & sensitive contracts and SLAs
- Review the existence of documents and processes at branches and divisions to ensure non-compliant departments and divisions are identified and supported in the development and implementation of appropriate documents and processes.
- Routine internal control reviews and reporting of headquarters, branches, and dealers based on the risk assessment, annual plan, and PACI controls.
- Champion the update of internal control documentation, walkthrough, and test controls required to meet the annual attestation.
- Participate in stock counts (parts, vehicles) and review reports from the exercises to identify and address potential risk exposures.
- Prepare risk reports for management to ensure management is well informed of progress as well as challenges in risk management
- Track the progress of remediation of control weaknesses identified by CFAO Internal Audit, self-testing, or controls assessment
- Bachelor of Commerce degree or related field
- CPA K/ACCA
- Postgraduate qualification in Risk and Compliance will be an added advantage
- At least 8 years of risk management/audit experience with a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory position in an organization of similar size and complexity.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements, kindly COMPLETE & SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION FORM BELOW.
Applications close on Friday 28th January 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted